NOTE: Effective December 15, 2017, this publication will no longer be available.
Watch for a new 9th Edition coming in the Spring of 2018.
An essential resource for better hazard control.
Improve your workplace's ability to identify and control hazards with the help of this comprehensive and easy-to-use resource. At 220+ pages, it pulls together - in a single source - a wealth of information on applicable laws, regulations, and standards, plus detailed guidelines for over 30 workplace hazards and 20 controls in seven areas:
- General workplace conditions
- Hazard controls
- Emergency systems
- Protective equipment
With this tool, you can:
- Develop, or improve your health and safety standards, policies and procedures
- Ensure that internal standards meet or exceed the law
- Develop detailed checklists for workplace inspections
- Implement, review or improve processes for managing hazards such as RACE (recognize, assess, control and evaluate)
By using this tool to enhance your hazard management program, you can:
- Save time - provides an abundance of information in a single place
- Strengthen your OH&S program by knowing what laws, standards and guidelines to use when recognizing and controlling hazards
- Meet your legal obligations under the Occupational Health and Safety Act to protect workers from hazards
- Prevent costly incidents and worker injuries and illnesses
This resource is intended for anyone in the workplace who is responsible for, or who participates in:
- Developing company standards, policies and procedures
- Inspecting the workplace
- Recognizing, assessing, controlling or evaluating workplace hazards Reviewing and improving processes like RACE
- Health and safety coordinators
- JHSC members
- Health and safety representatives
This is a stand-alone, print publication.